Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:33 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:20 am 
Site Admin

Hi everyone!

We encourage you to post images in the Cameralabs forum, so long as they’re appropriate – we're a family-friendly site, so no nudity or adult content. If we find anything images which are inappropriate one of the mods or myself will remove it.

To be considerate to those with lower bandwidth connections or lower resolution displays, please resize all images to no more than 1024 pixels wide; remember you can still link back to a page which has a larger version if you desire.

If you'd like to post images on the forum, here's what you need to do:

1: Upload the image to a website or sharing service, like Flickr.

2: If the image is on a website, simply right click the image (or Control click on Macs) and choose the option to to 'copy image URL', 'copy image location', 'copy address' or similar. This is actual location of the image on the internet.

3: To insert the image in a post on the forum, just paste the image URL from step 2 into your message, then put
Code:
[img]
at the start and
Code:
[/img]
at the end without any spaces. That's it! When you submit the message, the image will appear.

4: If you're using flickr, it's even easier! First click on the image you want to share on Flickr. Next click on the Share button just above the image and choose 'Grab the HTML/BBCode' and ensure BBCode is selected underneath. Next choose the image size, but no bigger than 'Large 1024' please! Then copy the code it gives you and simply paste it into your message on the forum. When you submit the message, the image will appear and clicking it will take you back to Flickr for people to have a closer look.

One last note on avatars - please keep them to less than 100 pixels wide, or they'll break the frame and you'll be asked to change it! Please also avoid animated GIFs.

For help on Avatar images, see this thread.

Thanks!

Gordon

PS - some of the replies below are in reference to an earlier change in our forum design.

Last edited by Gordon Laing on Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:16 am 
Hooray for Gordon!! this is fantastic news :-)

Even with the use of the S-Spline XL algorithm, I felt that scrunching the images down to 700 pixel hit beyond that "critical limit" where the image looked kinda "funny" by comparison.

For some reason, 800 pixels seems "true" to the original.

Perhaps for a one-off "killer shot" the 1000 pixel would be great to be able to use, but 800 is absolutely great in my opinion.

Anyway, thanks Gordon - I predict more "oohs" and "aahs" around here now :-)

Cheers!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:10 am 

amen.
Gordon, Gracias...I am following close behind Lah, and glad for the little change up.. after lah, I wanted to be the first one to say AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! And of course, what is the good of that, without a resounding...OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
to accompany it.

And now, we are armed and dangerous, with all of our flaws exposed in huge format, for the world to discuss...whooohoooooo. If I could just get a good shot for that on assignment...When I do, I am gonna post it big. Maybe.

But, To save room around here, I am not even gonna HAVE an avatar...

Thanks again Gordon..

yipeeeee!!

patti

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:20 am 

patti wrote:
...yipeeeee!

I'll second that. Yipeeeee! Now I can go back to being all warm and cuddly again. :twisted: :lol: 8)

Bob.

Astrophotography: TEC 140 'scope, FLI ML16803 camera, ASA DDM60 Pro mount.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:29 am 
Have already taken advantage of this and changed a photo in the lens gallery from 500 pixels wide to 800, also the forum looks better as it now takes up the whole of my screen and not all down the left hand side, I am running Vista with a screen resolution of 1440x960 so it looks much better. Thank you Gordon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:25 am 
Sweet just noticed that it is filling my whole screen now. Awesome.