Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:36 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: dream machine?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:23 pm 
hello gordon

i think you should review a dream camera like canon 1D,
i was reading in one of my photography magazines and they reviewd it as a dream machine it was quite interesting, it nice to know whats out the and what it can do

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:40 am 
Yea...a few pro-spec cameras and lenses would be nice.

1Ds MkIII + 600 f/4 or D3 + 600f/4 VR?

....just to give us something to aim for... 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:26 am 
Site Admin

Hey I'd love to, but the problem is getting hold of them!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:35 pm 
where do you get all those camera anyway?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:27 pm 
Patty I think that is one of the unknowns of Gordon- just like I am sure that he knew about the canon rebel xsi 450d before we had "official" word 8) :lol: 8)

My guess would be that he shows that he reviews a lot of items in this field, and has the paper work to back it up. I think all he has to do at this point would be to call them up and say " Hay Jeff, I want to review and test your latest product, and make sure it is worthy" then "Jeff" may say " ya ya we know the drill Gordon. we'll send it next day. By The Way you owe me a pint." :lol: :lol: 8)

Gordon did I sum it up in a nut shell or IS there more to this?? lol

Nick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:46 pm 
Well i think that gordy gets these little bad boys to try them out to do a review because in one way or the others its advertisemt like it or no :D he is saying the brand of the camera and whats its features are...but its a good type of advertisment because he is alying out the features, plus i think this site gets quite the load of hits per day!

Alex

sligh of topic :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:15 pm 
alex168 wrote:
Well i think that gordy gets these little bad boys to try them out to do a review because in one way or the others its advertisemt like it or no :D he is saying the brand of the camera and whats its features are...but its a good type of advertisment because he is alying out the features, plus i think this site gets quite the load of hits per day!

Alex

sligh of topic :P

i thinks that it because in one of my magazines it says camera labs highly recomended
see
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k204/ ... G_0898.jpg
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k204/ ... G_0897.jpg

or maybe he's a theif :P just joking

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:26 pm 
And on the canon website

http://www.canon.co.uk/For_Home/Product ... /index.asp

:P

I think it would be very interesting to see some video reviews of these if they are available to Gordon!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:50 pm 
hey thats cool they showed it was highly recomomended by camera labs. hey gordon i see the red ninja star it for CL and the blue one is for DSLRTIPS whats the green one for? is there going to another amazing site launched with a green aperture thing?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:36 am 
Tomis wrote:
hey thats cool they showed it was highly recomomended by camera labs. hey gordon i see the red ninja star it for CL and the blue one is for DSLRTIPS whats the green one for? is there going to another amazing site launched with a green aperture thing?

I was woundering that myself :lol: :lol:
Come on Gordon. . what are you hiding from us?? Oh Oh Oh I KNOW!!!
It is the "everythings 75% off" site where Gordon sells all the stuff that Canon, Nikon etc, give him to only sell to the members of this form!! YAAAA thats wha it is :!: :!: 8) :lol: 8) :lol:

Nick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:29 am 
Site Admin

Aha, the green site... now that would be telling!

As for the reviews, it's very simple really. I come from a magazine background where we'd request products for review direct from the manufacturers. They have PR departments set up for this.

So because I was the former Editor of a well-known UK magazine and have written for magazines for 15 years now, the manufacturers knew me when I launched Cameralabs - and they were happy to continue lending me products to test as before.

However the loan departments don't always have ALL the kit, so there's often some items which are hard or impossible to borrow.

PS - patty^_^, thanks for the magazine advert scan - I'd not seen that one!