Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:37 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:53 am 
Hello everyone…
First of all, I would like to thank Gordon Laing for his great review & thanks also for reviewing it as early as you did.

But I have 3 comments:

1-You’ve made an innocent mistake calling the D60 a “D40x” :) in the comment about the portrait “4th picture” under the gallery section.

2-It would be great if there were a comparison between the D40,D60 and D80 regarding noise performance at different ISOs.

3-I would love to see a sample using Active D-lighting “shooting 2 pictures of the same seen with & without active D lighting to notice the differences.

Thank you Gordon for your excellent reviews. I can’t wait for the video tour.
See ya
Hatem “Dr.Mcq”

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:57 am 
Well from what i have read the D60 is pretty much the d40x with new name and a few extra features... :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:11 am 
........it will make a nice back up camera body....... if you need one

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:57 am 
Site Admin

Good spot Dr Mcq, and duly corrected! You can't blame me - they're almost the same camera!

I agree about the Active D Lighting examples, and you'll be pleased I have one coming up in the forthcoming video...

As for noise on those other models, you'll have to look at the results pages in our D40 and D80 reviews for comparisons...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:49 pm 
Hi Gordon,

Excelent review, as always.

BUT, it's not fair compairing the new VR kit lens to the old Canon 18-55 kit lens. The first is redesigned optically. It should have been compaired to the new 18-55 IS kit lens, wich is also redesigned optically, and from what i've "heard" it delivers much better results in terms of sharpness :).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:57 pm 
Site Admin

Hi HNV, the simple answer to that is I haven't yet had an EF-S 18-55mm IS in for testing!

The longer answer though is I think my comparison is still valid, as the 400D / XTi will still normally be sold with the older lens - and in this test I wasn't comparing lenses, but complete systems. So it was comparing typical D60 and 400D / XTi kits, which for the latter means the older EF-S 18-55mm.

Gordon

PS - the video tour is now up and ready to watch!

PPS - could I ask that any other comments about the D60 review are put in the D60 review thread in the Nikon forum though? Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:40 pm 
Moved to a more appropriate thread :)
Sorry.

Last edited by Slapo on Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:42 pm 
Gordon Laing wrote:
PPS - could I ask that any other comments about the D60 review are put in the D60 review thread in the Nikon forum though? Thanks!

your wish is our command... :D from now on THIS TOPIC IS CLOSED

please post your comments about the D60 review over here:

http://www.cameralabs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3892

btw great video Gordon...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:42 am 
Site Admin

Thanks! I'll lock this thread now then.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]