Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:31 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:38 pm 
Thought I'd do a quick intro....

Been lurking for hints n tips for a while so thought I'd sign on.

Bereaft of camera at the mo :cry: Work trips coming up and a pay bonus on the way 8)
Looking at something that is portable with zoom ~ 10x Zoom + 8) So far the Panasonic Z3 is on the home straight. Point N Shoot. And do so loads of times. Just to be sure :shock:

But now the plot thickens. I've seen some DSLR that are maybe just maybe in my limited budget ~ (£250) and DSLR savvyness (Is that a word?) :oops: But they are VERY nice. Outstanding results with what seems to be limited effort. And I can stick it on the end of my Newtonian telescope 8) But will have to work that properly then :roll:

But can I cart one on & off then on & off a plane? Some of the places I visit with work are a bit 'Ruff', so to say. A camera that I can't stuff in a pocket may just be in sight that little bit toooo long :(

Great site.....off to lurk.

Mac

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:59 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Mac, welcome to the Cameralabs forums!

The Panasonic TZ3 is a great compact, but bear in mind the updated TZ5 will be out in about a month or so - and it now includes 720p HD video recording... See latest Panasonic compacts.

A DSLR will offer much better performance in low light, faster handling, and of course removable lenses, but the trade-off is size, weight, and carrying the afore-mentioned lenses. A great compact DSLR is the Olympus E410, and if you have bigegr pockets, it will just about squeeze in!

http://www.cameralabs.com/reviews/OlympusE410/

If you're still weighing up compacts and DSLRs, see our article:

should you buy a compact or a DSLR?