Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:02 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: quick intro
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:15 am 
howdy folks - just wanted to say a quick hi. i just registered here... wandered over this way thanks to a pal, patti.

i've been shooting seriously for about five years now and i have quite a bit of formal photo education under my belt. mainly i shoot for myself, but i do some pro work here and there. i'm always looking for a challenge. anything that causes me to look more closely or differently at the world around me through the lens is something that's welcomed with much enthusiasm.

i'm a reluctant digital photographer.. my first and lasting love will always be film, specifically silver. i got started shooting color slide film and then very quickly went to silver, first 35mm and then into medium format. i've had the privilege of handling several different camera types and have thoroughly enjoyed all of my exploration. my current 'appendage' is my beloved canon 20d that i've had for about 3 years with the 28-135mm is attatched to it. i also keep an old ae-1 around (that needs to see the repair man, currently) and my first slr, the rebel 2000. time and money are the two main reasons i made the switch to digital, and those are the two reasons i hear from alot of folks like me.

anyway, that's me in a nutshell. nice to meet y'all!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:09 am 
Welcome to cameralabs. Have a look at on assigment and have a go at that and post some of your picture as well.