Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:13 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: a belated hi
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:24 pm 

I didnt really think about this section until now.

I guess, a hello is due after all i have been loitering here for a few months now and have a slowly increasing post count...

My name is rob i am a geotechnical / civil engineer from the UK who now resides in NZ (due mainly to the fantastic economic situation in the UK), i love it here tho.

I started taking photos a few years ago when i decided to get a decent camera, a canon 300D. I realised then that people started liking my photos and i started taking more and showing some of them off.

I recently upgraded by old faithful 300D to a canon 550D and love it.

We moved to Central Otago, New Zealandania in 2011 and i was looking for a local photo club or group and stumbled across cameralabs and was surprised that Gordon was based (then) in Queenstown ! Brilliant i thought just around the corner. Since then Gordon has disappeared off around the world and Trey Ratcliffe has moved to Queenstown to steal my thunder (i wish) haha.

Anyway i am a social photographer who loves landscapes and i am trying to improve my skills with things like portrait work, HDR and still life.

So far these forums have been great, i have learnt loads and continue to gleem little tips here and there and long may it continue.

:wink:

Got some of the gear but really still no idea...:)

Post subject: Re: a belated hi
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:47 am 

Better late than never, buddy!

Welcome aboard!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:31 pm 
Site Admin

Welcome on board Rob!

Alex huh? You should look out for Todd SIsson, a wonderful local landscape photographer!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:58 am 

Hi Gordon

Yep already seen some of his work, would like to meet up with him at some point.

Hope your enjoying your trip.

Rob

Got some of the gear but really still no idea...:)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:08 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Rob, if you're on Google plus, add him to your circles - you'll be able to contact him through there if you like. Say hi for me!