Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:50 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:00 am 
Hello Everybody,
Since I've decided to invest into a DSLR I've been browsing the depths of the internet for information, tipps&tricks, reviews for lenses and programs and so on.
I've decided to make Camera Labs one of my hubs, because after looking through your nice forums I conclude you do indeed help newbies like me, as well as having a bunch of realy great pro- and semipro-photographers for any given subject to lend a hand. :D

My photographic career (so to say) started in High-School when I decided to take a course in "photography" (surprise!). It was all about how cameras work (though I mostly forgotten about that), how to compose (some of it remained), and since everybody needed an analogue SLR it was also about how to develop the films in those cool dark rooms.

Then, since I've never been a big fan of making those tourist photos, I basicly stopped taking any but the occasional smartphone ones.

Because I now have the money and sometimes even the time to travel the world (and most necessary: the urge to do so) I decided to get myself an entry level DSLR. A Canon 600D with doublezoom kit.

I'm most interrested in portrait and landscape photography, though I must say I admire sports photography as well, when I'm not dreaming about time-lapse-tilt-shift movies :roll: (yes, I'm a sucker for the special ones :D)

But enough about me. I hope I can benefit somewhat from your experience and hope to be a better photographer :)

Andy :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:06 am 

Welcome Andy.
I reckon CL is just about the friendliest, most helpul site there is & Gordons reviews the most in depth, but easy to understand.

Looking forward to your participation & seeing your pics. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:36 pm 

Welcome Andy, I too am new to this site and will be getting an Cannon t1i shortly. I have been browsing the entire web and this site stood out for me, with the wealth of information they have. Welcome again.

Hammy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:55 pm 

Welcome onboard :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:54 pm 
Site Admin

Welcome on-board!