Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:34 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Podcast at iTunes!
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:01 pm 
Hey Gordon,
I had this idea which i thought was kinda nice... maybe you could upload your video reviews to itunes as video podcast, so we could get them as abonnements and be able to put them on our ipod's and watch them when we don't have an internet connection. this could also be usefull for the how-to's at dslr tips. what do u think?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:16 pm 
Site Admin

Hi David, that's not a bad idea and one we'd certainly consider looking into - although the main issue for us would be that there'd be no means to make any money from it! Remember the site only survives if people visit our sponsors, so if there's no links to them (next to the videos for example), we can't make any money!

But it's still a good way to market the site so we'll look into it!

Gordon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:27 pm 
u could include links at banners in the videos or perhaps at the beginning a commercial or so like they do it on cnet. i guess the companies would pay for that 'cause theres no way the person who's watching can not watch the commercial... and mh.. a lot of the people who know this site know it from youtube and on youtube theres no commercial either, you would get a lot of new members over itunes!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:21 pm 
Sorry I know this was a bit old but I just noticed it and thought I would give me advice.

Only problem is hosting all your videos. You can put them on sites like podango.com (not sure what podango is like seem alright tho) and it makes a rss feed auto so Itunes can pick it up. Then getting your podcast public in itunes music store is just a form you have to submit which yours well defiantly be accepted that takes about 3-4 days even know they say 24 hours.

But then again for the hosting I don't know how much space and bandwidth this site allows you.

If you can out them on this website put them at Hi res hehe