Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:59 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Model comparison
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 11:17 pm 

Has anyone ever seen a comparison where a manufacturer has compared each of its models with the same lenses shooting the same target with the same settings? For example, E-3, E-30, E-620, E-520, and E-450 each with a 12-60mm and set to auto.

The results would help us to make an informed decision from the getgo instead of thinking that buy the E-450 and next year buy the E-620 and the year after that buy the E-3.

Hey, Mr. Laing What do you think?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 11:24 pm 
theres not really much point comparing results from cameras by the same manufacturer...a manufacturer makes cameras with different features and at different prices...manufacturers dont make cameras with the intention of comparing it with its own line of cameras...their intention is to provide different features at different prices so that people can decide which features appeal to them and which dont

but, gordon does sometimes compares cameras from the same manufacturer

if you really need comparisons of these cameras, you can read their reviews side by side and compare them (theyre mostly taken with identical settings and conditions)

Last edited by Photo Addiction on Sat May 16, 2009 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 11:28 pm 
Welcome to the forum!

I agree with the above. I've relocated this to the "Comments and feedback" section where I think this is more appropriate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 9:54 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Stephensong, welcome on-board...

If I ever have two bodies from the same manufacturer at the same time, I frequently test them using the same lens - in fact on my 12-60mm lens review, you can see shots taken with this lens on the E-3 and E-420, albeit on different days...