Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:31 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:12 pm 

Greetings! Just curious if that's been on the table before? I'm highly interested in automotive photography. Does it need it's own section, though? I suppose that is the right question. Would one consider it a sport or action photography? I don't see too many (actually none) photos of cars on here.

Daniel

danielmcglaughlin.com
Nikon D80 ยท Nikkor 50mm f/1.8 AF
Sigma Foveon sensor fan... future owner, promise!
flickr me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:32 pm 

Hi Daniel,

Fellow members do occasionally post images of cars/autos. For example there are the recent threads Cars and Ghosts and A Day at the Races. While the fact that those two threads live in different sections, and so rather make your point for you, I wonder if there would be sufficient demand to justify adding a separate section. The trouble with adding more sections is that the site can become less user friendly as that would mean more scrolling up and down the main forum page to navigate to the section of interest. What does everyone think?

By the way, I quickly found those two threads by using the forum Search engine. :idea:

Bob.

Astrophotography: TEC 140 'scope, FLI ML16803 camera, ASA DDM60 Pro mount.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:10 pm 
Site Admin

We'll take your suggestion on-board, but for now I think we should have photos of cars in motion in the action section, and photos of them when parked in the still life section...