Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:36 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:40 pm 
Hi Gordon,

When say that I mean it. For the past month I have gone through every single site on the web for camera reviews and comparisons. Everyone of them leave with you a confusion, you would always have a uncertainty of the information you just now got.

Cameralabs is best I could find. Even if its a negative or a positive feature its better to know it for sure. Your video tour is great. Keep the good work going.
:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:27 am 
And there's video reviews! Which I love lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:09 am 
Site Admin

Cheers Elango! And you too Antman!

Spread the word!

Gordon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:44 am 
I have to agree. I think this site is very good. And I love the way Gordon gets reviews on the site so quickly. He's reviewed both the Olympus E-410 and the E-510 while most other sites haven't even reviewed the E-410 yet.

However, I do think there are other unbiased sites. I like all of these: DP Review, DC Resource, and Imaging Resource. But there's one site I don't have much respect for: Steve's Digicams. I've seen Steve heap praise on cameras which had terrible image quality, and his conclusions read like advertising copy.

Caleb

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:51 am 
Id say ken rockwell is the worst of them all , as a beginner you really just get confused when reading his stuff.

A suggestion to gordon could be nice to have like a camera lab sig/banner you could put in your forum pofile on other sites that could get you attention quickly if you wanted it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:56 am 
Site Admin

Hi Mindmeld, are you suggesting I post on other forums to promote Cameralabs?

Gordon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:05 am 
I think he's suggesting that you create a banner that he and other Camera Labs fans could use in their signatures in other forums -- but that doesn't strike me as a respectful thing to do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:09 am 
Site Admin

Well given several sites block any links to Cameralabs, I doubt a sig file would be accepted!

Thanks for your continued support and encouragement though!

Gordon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:12 am 
thats what i mean of course i dont mean so i sue it on ther reviews sites that would be disrespectful

What i mean if for instance you are active in a forum for like games or something similar then i dont think its disrespectful to anyone.

Sorry for bad english btw :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:14 am 
Oh, you don't mean on other camera forums then.

Who is Ken Rockwell?

Caleb

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:17 am 
hehe who doesnt know ken rockwel :P ;)

anyway no i didnt mean other camera reviews site that would be bad for everyone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:09 pm 
mindmeld wrote:
Id say ken rockwell is the worst of them all , as a beginner you really just get confused when reading his stuff.

I like Ken Rockwell. He's full of juicy little real-life detail you don't get anywhere else, except here actually.

True, he may be confusing to the beginner, but he isn't writing for beginners, so I reckon that's alright ultimately. He also writes well, and engagingly, and appears to be an independent which gives a lot of weight to his lightly written words. I hope he's the real deal.

It would be nice to know Gordon's opinion, but peer sites commenting on each other is just asking for unnecessary trouble.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:30 am 

I'd like to know what Gordon thinks of Ken too!

Ken's sites is very informative, and has a complete guide to both the D40 and D80 which are interesting reads. However he does seem a bit full of himself, and the constant plugs for money get very irritating.

I'm not madly keen on his style either- don't get me wrong, some of the shots are amazing, but the excessive use of colour can make other shots look unnatural.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:32 am 
Site Admin

Hi Guys, nope I'm not gonna comment on another site or a publisher!

Gordon

Post subject: 2nd,3rd,4th... that
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:23 am 
I'll second, third, nth that. Everyone here, members and staff, seem to keep things in perspective -- less group think, more real questions. Thanks Gordon (and all) for a great forum.